SEMOLINA CAKE RECIPE
FOR SEMOLINA HALVA;
3 heaped tablespoons of butter (100 g)
1+ ¾ cup of semolina (300 g)
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1+ ¼ cup of sugar (250 g)
1.5 cups of water (320 ml)
1 + ¾ glass of milk (350 ml)
FOR THE COCOA PUDDING;
1 liter of milk
8 tablespoons of sugar (200 g)
9 tablespoons of semolina (120 g)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 pack of vanillin
2 tablespoons of cocoa
Half packet of square chocolate
- For semolina halva, add 3 heaped tablespoons of butter in a large pot and melt.
- When the oil melts, roast the semolina with 1+ cup of semolina on low heat until the color of the semolina turns slightly brown and becomes like a sand grain. Crush the ball parts of 2 cloves with your hand and throw them into it. Make sure to take the semolina sticking to the sides of the pan while roasting. Don’t let them stay on the edge and change the taste of the halva. Also, while roasting, first collect the semolina aside. Then push the semolina to the other side, gradually and crushing it. Thus, each grain of semolina will get its share of heat and will come to the brownish color we want more quickly and easily.
- While the semolina is roasted, mix 1+ ¼ cup of sugar, 1.5 cups of water and 1 + ¾ cup of milk for its sherbet in a small saucepan and boil it.
- Then slowly add the hot syrup over the roasted semolina. It is important to add it slowly and with stirring so that it does not clump and splash at first. Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of salt on it. When the halva is eye-catching, cover the bottom and lid and let it steep for 6-7 minutes and cool.
- For the cocoa pudding; Put 1 liter of milk in a large saucepan.
- Then add 8 tablespoons of sugar and 9 tablespoons of semolina.
- Add 1 pack of vanillin and 2 tablespoons of cocoa and mix. Start cooking by turning on the bottom of the stove and mixing it with a whisk.
- After boiling, reduce the heat a little and continue cooking until it gets a thick consistency.
- When it gets a dense consistency, add half a packet of square chocolate and turn off the stove.
- Butter the inside of the 18 cm diameter circle mold. Pour the cooled semolina halva into the mold and press it well with your hand.
- Pour the cocoa pudding over the semolina halva and smooth it with a wet spoon.
- After 1 hour to cool at room temperature, let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1-1.5 hours.
- When serving, add almonds and pomegranate seeds to your chocolate semolina halva.